This assessment measures your mastery of the following course competencies:
- Analyze relevant global leadership concerns for the future.
- Analyze emerging leadership theories that are appropriate for a
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with
expectations for the members of the business professions.
This assessment provides an opportunity to analyze relevant leadership concerns for an increasingly global future and commit to an emerging leadership theory that is appropriate to guide enactment of the leadership agenda.
What you create in this assignment is the starting point for the Leadership Development Plan project. Remember that the plan is about you, your career, your firm, and your industry. If your company or industry is local or national only, think of how it might impact or be impacted by the global environment. The work you completed in the discussions in Units 1 and 2 prepared you to write this assignment.
- Provide context by defining the shaping and driving forces that
impact the development of your new leadership agenda. This should include your
awareness of the global impact of your company or your chosen field and its
welcoming of a global diversity of ideas and leadership. It should also include
what “minds” you most need to develop.
- Think about how your agenda compares to the predominant
leadership model in your field. (Examples of contemporary leadership agendas
might include “might makes right,” “Americans know better,”
and “partnering makes a better product.”) Evaluate the strength of
your own agenda in comparison to other possible agendas. Provide the rationale
for one of the emerging leadership theories as a guide for your leadership
- Plan on writing five pages of narrative.