Attached is the templat
Use the EDGAR | Company Filings (Links to an external site.)or Yahoo! Finance (Links to an external site.)database to download the last 10-Q from Starbucks into Excel. Use the downloaded data to complete the Income Statement and Balance Sheet on the appropriate tabs in the Financial Forecasting Template. Assume the following:
- Sales will increase for the next quarter by the same percentage increase from the previous quarter to the last reported quarter. For example, if sales increased 8% from the last quarter to the current reported quarter, you will use 8% as the sales increase for your pro formas.
Calculate the expenses to determine what will change and what will remain the same.
Then, calculate a quarterly variance analysis using the Variance Analysis tab of the Financial Forecasting Template (the same template you used for Part 1). Complete the following in your variance analysis:
- In the Excel template, insert the line items.
- In Column C, (Q4, 20NN) enter the previous quarter’s numbers as the budget.
- In Column D, (Q1, 20NN) enter the current quarter’s actual numbers.
- In Column E, the spreadsheet will calculate the dollar difference between the budget and actual numbers.
- In Column F, the spreadsheet will calculate the percentage change.
- In Column G, analyze and speculate the rationale for the variances.