2-3 module two assignment | Criminal homework help
In this assignment, you will identify and interpret nonverbal communication cues.
In Module One, you learned about different communication styles and approaches, and you learned how to identify the best way to communicate based on the audience. In your Module Two discussion, you considered one officer’s choice of communication style and approach, and weighed in on why you thought his communication style was appropriate or not. In this assignment, you will begin to identify and analyze various elements of communication in a given scenario for Project One.
Every day we observe nonverbal cues others display. Sometimes those cues are intentional on the part of the individual. Sometimes they are unconscious indicators of their true feelings. As a criminal justice professional, it is important to try and interpret these cues as accurately as possible using all of the information available in a given situation. While these interpretations are just that, our individual interpretations and not a fact, they are an important part of communicating with others.
For this assignment, first review the Project One scenario PDF. Then, review the list of nonverbal communication cues below as well as your textbook for nonverbal behaviors and their meanings.
Nonverbal Behaviors and Perceived Meanings
Bouncing your leg: Perceived Meaning
- Lack of interest
Nodding your head: Perceived Meaning
Raising an eyebrow: Perceived Meaning
Remaining silent: Perceived Meaning
Slouching shoulders: Perceived Meaning
Looking away: Perceived Meaning
- Lack of interest
Grubb, R. E., & Hemby, K. V. (2018). Actions speak louder than words: Nonverbal communication. In Effective Communication in Criminal Justice(p. 58). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
Using the template provided, complete the following:
- Identify three or more nonverbal communication cues in the scenario.
- Given the situation, identify the message you think is being conveyed.
- Explain why you think this is the message being communicated from the nonverbal communication cues you identified.
- What other factors in the situation lead you to believe that this is the message being communicated?
- Could the nonverbal communication mean something else?
- Why or why not?
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Identify nonverbal communication cues.
- Identify nonverbal communication messages.
- Explain the interpretation of the identified message.
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment should be completed using the provided Module Two Assignment Template Word Document. Any references must be cited in APA format.